Name: Stephen McConville
1. When did you make your senior debut? 2015 vs Liatroim
2. Favourite position? Half-Forward
3. Favourite pitch? Clonduff’s bottom field
4. Childhood hero? Ciaran McDonald
5. What’s your most favourite game you’ve been involved in? U21 Championship Final win vs Mayobridge
6. And a game to forget? Championship Final 2016
7. Biggest achievement in football? Getting a one-two off Barry O’Hagan
8. You can transfer in one player from across the country, who? David Clifford
9. And transfer one out? John Boden, hard on the ears
10. Who is the best trainer in the squad? Darren O’Hagan
11. Who is the worst trainer in the squad? Gavy McGreevy
12. Favourite manager you’ve played under? After seeing Big Ross’ Top 15, I’ll hadda go with Gearoid Adams.. Na, both were very enjoyable to play for.
13. Who is the manager’s pet? Has to be you Chico (Charlie)
14. Club volunteer of note? PJ McGreevy – has the job done whenever the rest of us are talking about it (especially preparation for Connor’s tournament, the wee lads feel like their playing in Croker!)
15. Best thing about Clonduff? The craic you have with everyone and the support you get on the good days and the bad days.
16. How would you like to be remembered in the club? A true Clonduffian!
17. If you could give one piece of advice to the youth, what would it be? Whatever your coaches are telling you, it’s for your own benefit (took me a while to learn that)
18. You’ve been involved in coaching through St Mary’s and also through Clonduff, is that something you see yourself doing years down the line when the boots are hung up?
Yeah I would say so, have actually learned quite a lot from coaching and being able to have an impact on future Clonduff teams is a great opportunity! Although I’ll maybe not enjoy it when their coming on to the Senior team and pushing me out of it!